Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Race Doesn't START Until Mile 20!

Blake and I ran 19 miles today! WOO HOO! A little bit of chaffing and sore legs later, I feel pretty good! I felt pretty good the whole time too - just had to slow down a bit the last few miles... Last night Blake and I made our whole wheat pizzas for dinner - it's our ritual dinner before a long run, and it works! Then about 45 minutes before the run I had a power bar and some Gatorade - which kept me pretty full and energized until the last three miles. After our run we had our favorite - PULP! I was pretty much hungry all day too... A couple hours later I had some Sun Chips and then three more hours I made lemon pepper chicken, whole wheat macaroni and cheese (I'm addicted to it no) and some peas and corn. Now it's almost 8:30 PM and I'm hungry AGAIN! :)

Blake made a good point during the run; it's true, the race doesn't start until mile 20... My legs were tired, sore and if I have to run seven more miles, I would have had a different mindset... It's hard to say how I'll be for that 6.2 race since I've never ran that far before. But, it'll definitely be interesting! Also, note to self, WEAR COMPRESSION SHORTS! The lining of the built-in underwear of my running shorts does some major damage to me inner thighs... I've been walking about like a baby with a diaper on all day! -lol-

Well, in two weeks I'll be running 20 miles at the Akron Marathon as part of the relay with Blake, his dad and some chick. Instead of just running one leg of the race, I'm going to start at the first leg of the race and keep running until I get to 20 miles (Blake is going to do that too). It should be interesting...

Also, next weekend is the Portage Lakes Duathlon in Akron, which is a 5K run, 12-mile bike and 5K run. I'm supposed to run 12 miles next weekend, so I'll just run six more miles on the Sunday after the race - if I can still move!

That's it for now. Getting ready to watch the season finale of True Blood! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment