Friday, August 5, 2011

Anticipation...

So, I have a lot to anticipate for in the next couple of weeks and all this anticipation boosts my anxiety, which in turn means constant stomach aches, like the ones I get before a race which also means frequent stops to the restroom. =-/ BUT, they're all good things to be anticipating about!

These are the two male puppies I get to choose from. :)
One, I'm getting my puppy Miles next week Monday!! Eeee!! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm nervous because of the time commitment to taking care of a puppy. I know it sounds stupid, but as much as I'm going to love my puppy, I don't want him cutting into my training... I'm afraid when I get up in the morning he'll want to be with me and be sad when I leave - but hopefully he'll just stay asleep! I won't be able to run with him until he's between 6-12 months old to avoid any fractures while he's growing.

Two, I'm waiting to hear back from a graduate assistantship I had an interview for yesterday. It would be with the Financial Aid office at Kent State and, if I get it, I'd start next Wednesday! The next couple of weeks before school starts they'd have me working 40-hour weeks. I don't think I've EVER worked that much! But, that just means more mula! Not only would they be paying my tuition, but during the summer I'd get paid more than I'm making now! Plus a stipend every month during the school year. :)

Three, I start graduate school in THREE weeks! YIKES! I'm VERY excited about learning more about my future career in Public Health, but also nervous because I don't know what to expect with the workload. I've heard from a lot of graduate students that your exercise kind of gets set aside... I don't think that will happen with me, but it may be tougher to get the motivation to run on top of working, going to school, studying and taking care of my puppy... At least this time around I'll be commuting from home and not packing up and moving two hours away in BG!

And four.... Next week is the half-way point to my marathon training program! YAY! BUT, the last time I signed up for a marathon, the Cleveland Marathon last year, I gave up after the half-way point, week nine... Well, next week is week nine and I plan to stick with the program! This weekend I'll be running 15 miles, which is also the farthest distance I ran when training for the Cleveland... Luckily, the weekend after the 15-mile run is a half-marathon and then the week after that is 16 miles. My last training program had me running 15 miles one weekend and then 16 the next. I just felt burned out and lost all motivation... NOT THIS TIME! I've got TONS of support and I REALLY want to do this. :)

So, there's really nothing BAD that I'm anticipating, just a whole bunch of exciting things coming up!

Well, today is a REST day! I think I'm going to take advantage of it too! My quads have been really sore these past couple of days, so I think they deserve a little R&R. Not too sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, it's supposed to rain all day... I'm planning on saving my 15-mile run for Sunday with the Grunt Girls, but most of them are running 10 miles... May just do it Saturday if the weather is nice in the AM.

Have a happy Friday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment