Sunday, August 28, 2011

Seven More Weeks to go!

Whew... Eighteen miles down this morning! Only seven more weeks until the BIG day! I can't believe how fast this training/summer has gone by... I start my first week of graduate school this upcoming week - YIKES! Excited/nervous at the same time. But, I've already posted about that, so I won't bore you with the details. :)

Anyways, this week was pretty good running-wise. I did five miles on Monday and Tuesday, with a full body strength training workout after the run on Tuesday. Rest on Wednesday, ran eight miles on Thursday and then another rest day on Friday.

Dinner!
Blake and I were going to run yesterday (Saturday) morning, but we decided to have Miles sleep in his cage since he's been sleeping with me in my bed every night. Not a good idea... he cried ALLLLLLLLLLL night. He may have slept for three to four hours at the most, which also means I only got about three to four hours of sleep on and off. I felt dead the next day... So, instead of dragging myself out to run, I took another rest day! I've actually taken three rest days this week. One was on Wednesday, Friday and then Saturday. I felt pretty good this morning though. We ran the same place as last week - the trail at Silver Springs in Stow. My stomach felt a little yucky when we first got there... The night before I had lemon-pepper chicken, whole-wheat organic macaroni and cheese and green beans for dinner. For a snack I had some Triscuits last night and then this morning about 30 minutes before the run I ate a Luna Bar. I think it may have been the Triscuits. Maybe I'll try having yogurt or something the night before.

Around mile 17 is when I started to feel it. I just wanted to be done! I was also getting a little hungry. But, I finished! We ran 18 miles in about three hours and nine minutes. Not bad considering we walked up some big hills and stopped a couple times to drink. Overall, the run was pretty good. I didn't feel as good as I did last weekend, but not too bad either.

After our run I drank some low-fat chocolate milk. :)

Well, this week is another 5-8-5 week and then a 13-mile run during the weekend. Not too bad!

Have a happy Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment