Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Week Down, 17 More to Go!

Why hello there! Thanks for visiting my blog and for reading my first of many blog posts! I can't wait until October 15, but I'm also excited for this training program and to see the progress I will make. I am using Hal Higdon's "Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide" for my training program. I am on the novice program since this will be my FIRST marathon.


Woo hoo! Week one of training for the Columbus Marathon complete! It really wasn't that difficult. Three miles on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and then six on Saturday. I also rode my bike today and did some strength training Friday on my rest/xt days. But, I figured he's starting off in lower mileage and will build up.

This is my first post, so it's pretty short - not many obstacles, YET! Legs are a tiny bit sore, but nothing I can't handle. :)

Here is a picture of my Mizuno Running Shoes. I have a little over 250 miles on them now, so in the next 250 miles I plan on buying the Nike LIVESTRONG Lunarswift+2  Shoes - see below. I've heard some great things about these shoes. Plus, they're yellow!


I'm going to try to update this thingy a few times a week - usually after my Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday runs. I'll also be sure to share articles I come across that may appeal to my fellow runners.

Stay fit my friends!                                                  

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment