Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dogs, Iron-Mans and Morning Runs

Good Morning! Just got done with a three-mile run and some core work. So happy it didn't storm this morning like it said it was suppose to. I would have ran no matter what (except for if it were storming REALLY bad and there were tornadoes), but it was nice. Legs are still a little sore/tight. I think I may do some plyometrics on Friday to see if that helps.

Blake and his beagle fox-terrier mix, Max, ran with me this morning. A lot of tugging and pulling, stopping to poop, pee and just sniff... Beagles are NOT good running dogs... I actually am not a big fan of beagles period, but that's a whole other story.

Vizsla running
What is the best running dog? The Vizsla of course! They are also one of the more beautiful dogs, in my opinion. I want one SOOOO bad, but I don't have the money for a $1,000 dog right now. Not only are they great running dogs, but they're known for hunting and as the "smell-good" dog, because even when they're wet they don't smell! They are hypoallergenic because they do not shed and have such a short coat. They're also very lovable and great family dogs. I hope to adopt one by next summer. My other favorite dogs are Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Great Danes, Labrador Retrievers, and Huskies. Yes, I LOVE big dogs. The bigger the better and all the more lovable. :)
Beautiful Vizslas!


Vizsla puppy =-D
#2 Fav. Dog - Rhodesian Ridgeback! Notice the  ridge down their back?
#3 Fav. Dog - Great Dane! So big and cuddly!

# 4 Fav. Dog - Siberian Husky! 
#5 Fav. Dog - Labrador Retriever. This is my late dog Junior. He was the BEST dog EVER! RIP Junior. <3 



Another update... I think my next goal after the marathon will be a Half Ironman! That is a 1.2-mile swim followed by a 56-mile  bike and ending with a 13.1 (half marathon) run. It's definitely a tough one, but I think it would be super fun to train for and to say that I've done. I think the swimming would be the toughest to train for, at least for me. I'm really not a swimmer. It'll be quite a challenge!


Well, that's it for now. Got to get ready for work... BLAH!

Stay Fit my friends!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment