Friday, June 24, 2011

Today I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything... Nothing At All...

Happy Friday! It's almost 7:00 PM and I haven't melted yet because I haven't ran or worked out. Hallelujah! As I mentioned in a previous post, I HATE rest days. But, today was an exception. I got up early to go into work early this morning and decided not to do my P90X Plyometrics as planned. I got out a little later than usual from work too. I had it set in my head that I was going to workout right when I got home - I was even somewhat annoyed when my boss asked me to stay later because I was thinking, "Dude, are you kidding me? Don't you know that I was planning on doing P90X soon? GRRR..." But, I soon got over it, extra money - yes please! :)

Instead of working out when I got home, I headed to me bed and took a nearly TWO-HOUR nap! It was pretty amazing... Much more refreshing than an hour of jumping around, at least today anyways.

This is a BIG accomplishment for me. If I say I'm going to do a workout, I do it and maybe that's not always the best for my body. Sometimes my body just needs a rest. Not only did I run yesterday, but I did strength training and went on a nice long hike with a good friend. I'm still struggling with that "voice" in my head from my eating disorder trying to tell me to not eat, to workout more, but I've learned to ignore it. So, maybe to some people missing a workout day is no big deal, it is the usual and working out is something to celebrate. For me it's the opposite. It's still a little hard to swallow that I didn't workout today, but I didn't do it and I'm sticking by my guns! Go me!

Eating my whole-wheat pizza with green peppers and broccoli now. NOM NOM! Blake is too, but his has pepperoni, lots of pepperoni, on it.

Noah wants some too!
Nom Nom
Well, that's it for today... Tomorrow morning is a 7-mile run. It's supposed to be a nice 70-degree day out tomorrow, can't wait! =-)

Stay Fit my Friends!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment