Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Training Schedule and NOMalicous Food

Hello there! Yes, that's right I created a NEW word - NOMALICIOUS. It means food that's so good you just want to NOM it.

So, I was on Hal Higdon's website yesterday and saw that he had TWO different types of Novice training plans... He only has one of them in his book, which is the easier one for those who've been running for less than a year (what kind of crazy  person would just start running in less than a year and run a marathon anyways?). Novice 2 is for those who have been running for a while and have done half marathons, 5Ks and such, just never a marathon before. That's me! Here's the schedule... It's really not a whole lot different, but the mileage is higher in the beginning and adds "pace" runs. I think those are either like tempo runs or race pace. We'll see how I feel. I am on my third week now, so obviously the first two weeks were different from this schedule, but not too much. This is the plan I'll be following from today on. I even ran four miles today instead of three because yesterday I only ran four when I was supposed to run five.

Marathon Training Schedule: Novice 2
Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
1
Rest
3 m run
5 m pace
3 m run
Rest
8
cross
2
Rest
3 m run
5 m run
3 m run
Rest
9
cross
3
Rest
3 m run
5 m pace
3 m run
Rest
6
cross
4
Rest
3 m run
6 m pace
3 m run
Rest
11
cross
5
Rest
3 m run
6 m run
3 m run
Rest
12
cross
6
Rest
3 m run
6 m pace
3 m run
Rest
9
cross
7
Rest
4 m run
7 m pace
4 m run
Rest
14
cross
8
Rest
4 m run
7 m run
4 m run
Rest
15
cross
9
Rest
4 m run
7 m pace
4 m run
Rest
Rest
Half Mar
10
Rest
4 m run
8 m pace
4 m run
Rest
17
cross
11
Rest
5 m run
8 m run
5 m run
Rest
18
cross
12
Rest
5 m run
8 m pace
5 m run
Rest
13
cross
13
Rest
5 m run
5 m pace
5 m run
Rest
19
cross
14
Rest
5 m run
8 m run
5 m run
Rest
12
cross
15
Rest
5 m run
5 m pace
5 m run
Rest
20
cross
16
Rest
5 m run
4 m pace
5 m run
Rest
12
cross
17
Rest
4 m run
3 m run
4 m run
Rest
8
cross
18
Rest
3 m run
2 m run
Rest
Rest
2 m run
Marathon
Blake ran with me this morning. It was a nice, cool, sunny morning. Perfect weather for a morning run. I didn't have to work until 11 AM, so it was nice to relax after my run before work. OH, and I got to watch LIVE with Regis and Kelly. :) Always a plus. I'm off tomorrow and of course Monday for the Fourth of July. YAY four-day weekends! Two 5K's this weekend too, one Saturday night and the other Monday morning.

Dinner tonight was Hawaiian chicken on the grill, corn-on-the-cob and homemade garlic red mashed potatoes. NOM NOM! Mom worked the grill. :)
I forgot to post the picture of my home-made chicken pot pie me, my mom and Blake made Sunday night. We made everything from scratch, including the WHOLE WHEAT crust. OMG, it was AMAZING! Blake and I have also been making our own smoothies pretty much every night. They are NOMalicious too! Ever had a smoothie from Pulp? Well, our's is better! We use about a half a cup of ice, cup of fat-free Activia yogurt, handful of strawberries, two bananas and two tablespoons of honey... Mmmm...

Tuesday night was turkey tacos with whole wheat tortillas, romaine lettuce, salsa and cheese. I had leftovers Wednesday. I think my seasoning made me sick though... Been running to the bathroom all day. =-/

Well, tomorrow is an off day for the legs! Going to do arms and abs. Then Therese and I are going on a hike at the Peninsula. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment