Monday, June 20, 2011

Seize the Day!

I decided to change things up this week. I normally have a rest day today (Monday), but I got out of work and decided it was much too nice out to pass up a good to run, especially since it's supposed to "storm" all week.

Right before I hit the road, my right headphone went out! This is not a first... I've gone through probably eight different headphones over the past couple of years because of this. But, I think these ones are troopers. The same thing happened to me a couple months ago and it started working again. For now I'll just deal with music coming in through one ear. 

Also, I thought a 14-mile bike ride was nothing yesterday... Well, my legs think otherwise! My quads, calves and even my shins were throbbing the whole three miles today... I felt like I was going 10 miles per hour, but when I checked my speed on my handy-dandy Nike+ iPod it said I was going 8:30/mile. Not too bad for being sore and going up the hills of my neighborhood. I'm used to running at 6:00 AM and I ran at about 3:00 PM today so I was sweating like crazy! Even my sunglasses were fogging up... HAHA


So, I may just take off tomorrow to let my legs recover. I hate rest days though... In my head I'm like "Ohh ohh I wanna run, I feel like I can go 10 miles super fast!" But, my legs are saying "Take a chill pill, Colleen. We need to recover, damn it!" I usually don't listen to my poor legs, but I think tomorrow I will. :)

Oh, and an update on upcoming races... Saturday, July 2nd is the AMETEK Tree City 5K run for United Way of Portage County at 7:00 at Kent State and then on Monday, July 4th is the Aurora Fun Run 5K. I am deciding between the Kathleen Neitert Race for Hope 7.5 mile at Sunny Lake, which I've done for two consecutive years, and the Eddy's Bike Shop Sweet Corn Challenge on July 31st. These two are normally not on the same day, but this year they are... :( I've done the 50-mile ride with my dad and Blake for the past two years at the Sweet Corn Challenge... We'll see as it gets closer I guess... Also, I'm thinking about doing the Perfect 10-Miler on August 14th since I have to run 10 miles that day anyways. 

Well, I think that's enough for now. Have a great day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment