Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July Run!

Happy Independence Day, everyone! Blake, Gary and I celebrated America's birthday with a 5K in Aurora this morning. The weather was perfect! I believe my time was about 24:20-something. I know I beat my time of 24:33 on Saturday. :) This morning's race was quite exciting/social. I saw my Chiropractor at the race, so we ran together while Blake sped ahead. I ran with him for the first mile and a half and then I picked it up. I ran across (literally) a girl who also just graduated from BGSU in May from Solon! We both recognized each other because we both lived in the same apartment complex as well. It was nice to have someone to talk to and stay at my pace. It's crazy how you run into people. She also ran in the Cleveland Half Marathon this year too. We were both saying we wish we would have talked when we were in school so we would have had a running buddy. No one ever wanted to run with me, especially at 6:00 AM... =-(
I didn't place this morning, but that's OK! Blake got third in his age group though! YAY! The shirts this year were so much nicer than the cotton ones they normally have. It's made out of that wicking material. I should have gotten a child's large or something though... The adult small is too big on me! Oh well, still a good looking shirt. :)







Now I'm just waiting for my dad to come pick my sister Lindsey and I up to go to the Aurora festival, maybe go to the movies and then watch fireworks tonight. :)

Tomorrow is going to be a six-mile pace run. Hopefully I won't be too sore.

Have a safe and HAPPY Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment