Sunday, July 24, 2011

Six Weeks of Training Down, New Friends and Cycling

IT'S SUNDAY!! WEEEEEE!! This morning I FINALLY ran with the Grunt Girls! I met up with a few of them at the Boston Mills Store on the Towpath, which was supposed to be at 8:00 AM, but I didn't get there until a quarter after because as usual I got lost... If you know me, you know that I am directional challenged... But, I made it and ran nine miles with some awesome ladies!! The trails were beautiful and it was nice to run with some females for once. We talked and got to know each other. That's one of the best parts of running with new people - learning about them and finding common interests. It makes the time go by soooooooooooooooo much faster!

The last mile I was struggling though... No matter how far I'm running, the last mile always gets me! But thanks to Christa I was able to keep pushing! I wanted to say "Hey, can we walk?" but with Christa's cheerful personality and optimism I didn't make one complaint. :) I really enjoyed it, minus the humidity... I was sweating profusely and was a dumb butt by wearing a heavy cotton t-shirt... Once we were done with the run though I stripped off my sweat-drenched shirt and threw it in the back seat for the drive home. I think I'm going to actually join the Grunt Girls! It'll be fun to have a group of girls to run and race with. :)

Yesterday Blake and I went on a 20-mile bike ride through Hudson and up through Seasons Road and 43. So, my booty was a little sore today, but what a great feeling that is! haha Then after our bike ride we went to PULP! NOM NOM! I got the usual, Asian Chicken Wrap on whole wheat and a small Anna Banana. For those of you who don't know or haven't been to Pulp (shame on you lol) an Anna Banana is a smoothie with pineapple juice, guava juice, low-fat yogurt, honey and of course BANANAS! SOOOO good! For dinner last night Blake and I had salmon burgers, corn-on-the-cob and fresh green beans (picture provided)! So good!

Well, while I'm writing this blog I'm also in the middle of getting ready to go to my dad's in PA so I better wrap things up. Tomorrow Blake and I are heading out to Atlantic City for four days! YAY!! Can't wait to run on the boardwalk and the beach! I will try to blog some on vacation, but we'll see how that goes. Until then, stay fit my friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment